Maps of conference locations
The No Outsides conference will be held at the Concordia University SGW downtown campus across 3 different buildings. This is a link to a high-level map of the campus. These are links to details on each of the 3 buildings:
- the LB/J.W. McConnell building, (entrance on De Maisonneuve)
- the EV/Engineering, Computer Science and Visual Arts Complex building (entrance on Ste Catherine)
- the FB/Faubourg building (entrance on Guy)
Registration will be at the foyer of the De Sève cinema in the LB/J.W. McConnell building.
More detailed maps will be available closer to the event along with a detailed schedule.
Travel within Montreal
Concordia University is located at the Guy-Concordia metro station on the green line. Further information on the metro and bus network can be found here on the STM website.
The 747 bus from Montreal airport (YUL) to downtown costs a fixed $11 one-way. Fares can be purchased from the automated dispensers on the international arrivals level. The $11 fare can also be paid in cash with exact change on board the bus. Only coins are accepted (no bank bills). More information can be found here on the STM website.
A taxi from Montréal–Trudeau International Airport (YUL) to downtown costs a fixed $41 + tip. Ride sharing apps such as Uber are also commonly used in Montreal.
Some of the closest hotels are:
Sonder Maisonneuve : https://www.sonder.com/en-ca/destinations/montreal/maisonneuve/c32722?sleeps=1
Nouvel Hotel : https://www.lenouvelhotel.com/
Holiday Inn : https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/montreal/yulcc/hoteldetail
Chateau Versailles : https://www.chateauversaillesmontreal.com/
Centre Sheraton : https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/yulsi-le-centre-sheraton-montreal-hotel/overview/
It is also possible to stay in the student residences:
Places to eat
- Tsukuyomi ramen, 1242 Bishop St (4 min walk)
- Trois Brasseurs Crescent (beer, burgers, pizzas, salads), 1356 Ste-Catherine West (4min walk)
- Qing Hua Dumplings, 1675 Boul. de Maisonneuve West (3min walk)
- Notre Boeuf de Grâce (burgers), 1388 Boul. de Maisonneuve West (5min walk)
- Slice + Soda (pizza), 1645 Ste-Catherine St West (2min walk)
- Poulet Rouge (chicken and veggie bowls), 1623 Ste-Catherine St West (1min walk)
- McKibbin’s Irish Pub, 1246 Bishop St (4min walk)
- Rosetti Italian Bakery (coffee, sweet snack), 1608 Saint-Catherine St W (1min walk)
- Yen Cuisine Japonaise (japanese, sushi), 2157 Mackay St (5min walk)
Things to do in Montreal
The following links provide current information and guidance on COVID-19 from the Quebec government.